Effective home remedies to fight bad breath
It’s easy to get rid of bad breath and keep your teeth as well as gums healthy at the same time. Here are the few simple home remedies to make your mouth feel fresh and clean.
· Drink lots of water and swish cool water around in your mouth. This is very effective to freshen up the morning breath.
· Change your toothbrush every two or three months.
· If you use dentures, take them out at night and clean to remove any bacterial buildup from food and drink.
· Brush your teeth every day and floss, preferably two times a day.
· Visit your dentist regularly for dental checkups and cleanings.
· Clean your tongue every morning with a tongue scraper to reduce the buildup of the bacteria, fungi and dead cells that can lead to bad odor.
· Chew a spoonful of fennel seeds, cloves, or aniseeds. These are having antiseptic qualities, which help in fighting halitosis-causing bacteria.
· Take the lemon or orange rind, wash it thoroughly and chew it for a mouth-freshening burst of flavor. The citric acid present in it will stimulate the salivary glands and fight bad breath.
· Chew a fresh spring of mint, parsley, basil, or cilantro. These green plants have chlorophyll that neutralizes odors.
· Rinse your mouth at least a 30 second with an alcohol-free mouthwash. Mix a cup of water with a teaspoon of baking soda and a few drops of antimicrobial peppermint essential oil. Make sure you don’t swallow it.