Home remedies to get rid of puffy eyes
It’s quite frustrating to wake up every morning with puffy eyes when you have a long, busy day ahead. This condition is one of the most common beauty problems, which can make you look ill and tired.
Why puffy eyes occur?
This eye condition occurs when your eyes start to swell for different reasons, such as excessive physical stress, excessive crying, hormonal changes, dermatitis, genetics, due to hangovers or sinus, changes in weather, insufficient sleep, bad diet, and allergic reaction.
But you don’t worry about this; it can be easily taken care with some easy home remedies.
Here are simple ways to get rid of puffy eyes.
- Water – It is the easiest way to avoid waking up with puffy eyes. When your body is getting enough water, the chances of water retention becomes very less that can cause swelling in the under-eye area and other parts of your body. Keep yourself hydrated; drink at least 8-10 glasses of water every day. Also, limit your salt intake to reduce water retention in the body.
- Cold spoons – This simple home remedy is very effective for puffy eyes. Placing a cold spoon on your eyes with help tighten up the skin around the eyes as well as relax the blood vessels, hence relief puffy and tired eyes.
- Take 5 – 6 spoons and keep it in the refrigerator for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Place the rounded portion of one of the chilled spoons against your eye till the spoon becomes warm.
- Once the spoon warms, replace it with another chilled one from the refrigerator.
- Tea bags – Both green, as well as black tea bags, can help soothe tired and puffy eyes. They have anti-irritant properties that they not only reduce the swelling around your eyes but also relieve inflammation as well as redness.
- Cucumbers – Chilled cucumbers could be the best remedy for soothing puffy eyes. The presence of enzymes and the astringent properties in cucumbers help to tighten the skin around the eyes and reduce inflammation. They are also helpful to get rid of dark circles and wrinkles around the eyes.
- Potatoes – Same as cucumbers, potatoes are also helpful in treating the puffy eyes. Potatoes have starch present in it, which has anti-inflammatory properties that help relieve under-eye swelling.