Pink eye, otherwise known as conjunctivitis, is an uncomfortable and irritating eye condition caused by a virus, bacteria, or allergies. This condition has symptoms such as itching, tearing, redness, inflammation, and burning sensation in the eyes.
In most of the cases, pink eye clears up within few days without any treatment required. But in other cases, the doctor prescribes antibiotic eye drops or creams to every patient. Whether the infection is caused by bacteria or virus in both cases, the infection is highly contagious.
Conjunctivitis can also be triggered by certain allergens including smoke, air pollution, pollen, eye drops, makeup, and is seen among people with hay fever and other allergic condition.
Given below are some remedies to treat pink eye at home.
- Green Tea
The presence of bioflavonoid in green tea makes it an effective way to relieve inflammation and irritation caused by pink eye while combating bacterial and viral infection. Take a damp green tea bag and place it over your closed eye.
- Aloe Vera Gel
The components such as aloin and amodin in Aloe Vera gel have antibacterial and antiviral properties. Aloe Vera has some important benefits including its ability to reduce inflammation and fasten healing.
As you notice the signs of conjunctivitis, place some Aloe Vera gel around the eye and eyelid.
Tulsi is also called as Indian basil, it is best known for its healing power. Its anti-inflammatory and soothing properties make it best element to protect the eyes from free radicals and environmental damage. It also has anti-viral, fungal and bacterial properties, which are effective to fight infections in the eye.
Turmeric is loaded with healing compounds, and it reduces inflammation. It also has the power to fight bacterial infection and can soothe pink eye symptoms when applied to the eyes.
Mix two tablespoons of turmeric powder in one cup of boiled water. Soak a clean cotton pad in the mixture and apply it around the eye and eyelid.…
Having eye allergies could be incredibly uncomfortable. This eye condition is very common due to changing seasons and increasing pollution, especially in people who are having the systemic allergy such as skin allergy, breathing problem etc.
One must know both prevention and treatment of eye allergies in order to fight seasonal eye allergies. Use the following simple tips to soothe your eye irritations related to allergies.
- Apply a cold compress – Take a clean washcloth soaked in cold water and apply it over your eyes. This can relieve puffiness and soothe itchy eyes.
- Damp tea bags – Application of cool damp tea bags over your eyes for 2-5 minutes can soothe swollen eyes.
- Keep your face and hands clean – Wash your face and hands frequently to provide dust and molds-free surroundings to your eyes.
- Use sunglasses – Make sure you wear sunglasses when you step out to protect your eyes from sun-rays.
- Avoid eye cosmetics – Using eye cosmetics can further flare up allergy and increase irritation.
- Do not rub – Rubbing your eyes can flares up eye allergy.
- Stay away from allergens – The best way to combat an allergic reaction is to avoid things that trigger these allergies.
- Consult eye specialist – If things get worse visit your eye doctor as soon as possible for medical assistance.
It’s quite frustrating to wake up every morning with puffy eyes when you have a long, busy day ahead. This condition is one of the most common beauty problems, which can make you look ill and tired.
Why puffy eyes occur?
This eye condition occurs when your eyes start to swell for different reasons, such as excessive physical stress, excessive crying, hormonal changes, dermatitis, genetics, due to hangovers or sinus, changes in weather, insufficient sleep, bad diet, and allergic reaction.
But you don’t worry about this; it can be easily taken care with some easy home remedies.
Here are simple ways to get rid of puffy eyes.
- Water – It is the easiest way to avoid waking up with puffy eyes. When your body is getting enough water, the chances of water retention becomes very less that can cause swelling in the under-eye area and other parts of your body. Keep yourself hydrated; drink at least 8-10 glasses of water every day. Also, limit your salt intake to reduce water retention in the body.
- Cold spoons – This simple home remedy is very effective for puffy eyes. Placing a cold spoon on your eyes with help tighten up the skin around the eyes as well as relax the blood vessels, hence relief puffy and tired eyes.
- Take 5 – 6 spoons and keep it in the refrigerator for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Place the rounded portion of one of the chilled spoons against your eye till the spoon becomes warm.
- Once the spoon warms, replace it with another chilled one from the refrigerator.
- Tea bags – Both green, as well as black tea bags, can help soothe tired and puffy eyes. They have anti-irritant properties that they not only reduce the swelling around your eyes but also relieve inflammation as well as redness.
- Cucumbers – Chilled cucumbers could be the best remedy for soothing puffy eyes. The presence of enzymes and the astringent properties in cucumbers help to tighten the skin around the eyes and reduce inflammation. They are also helpful to get rid of dark circles and wrinkles around the eyes.
- Potatoes – Same as cucumbers, potatoes are also helpful in treating the puffy eyes. Potatoes have starch present in it, which has anti-inflammatory properties that help relieve under-eye swelling.
Regular eye check-ups are not only about making sure your vision is proper, but many chronic health conditions can also be detected through eye tests. As per the experts, we should get our eyes tested at least once in every two years.
A complete eye check-up would generally comprise of several tests, including:
- Visual Acuity Testing – This is usually done with the help of a standardized chart projected at a distance of 6 meters or 20 feet. The chart has a broken ring, standard size alphabets, or the letters E are used to gauge acuity of vision.
- Color Vision Testing – this test is carried out with the help of Ishihara charts.
- Torch Light test is for checking the movements of eyes individually and together (Pupillary Reflexes).
- Intra Ocular Pressure (IOP) – This test is carried out with a Non-Contact Tonometer (NCT) and when signified with an Applanation Tonometer.
- Slit Lamp test is done by looking at the front lying structures of the eyes.
- Cycloplegic refraction and Dilated Pupil examination for a detailed look at the retina and crystalline lens of the eye.
Regular complete eye check-up is important in many ways, such as:
- An eye examination can reveal early signs of progressive diseases such as Glaucoma and Cataract.
- Objective Recording of change in visual acuity.
- It can detect a change in the power of ‘corrective lenses’.
- Early detection of silent diseases including macular degeneration.
- An eye test can detect the early signs of diabetes.
- Eye tests can pick up signs of cardiovascular diseases, such as high blood pressure and high cholesterol.
- Your optometrist can detect high blood pressure by examining the blood vessels in the back of your eye.
Dry eye syndrome is a common problem that occurs when the tears fail to provide adequate moisture to the eyes. However, lack of moisture is not the only reason to develop dry eyes other factors that lead to this syndrome include medicines, allergies, hormones, certain health conditions such as auto-immune disease and diabetes, and weather.
Although, there is no permanent cure for this problem; but, treatments usually help. A wide range of symptoms can warn you about dry eye syndrome at an early stage. They are including:
- Blurred vision
- Bloodshot or red eyes
- Watery eyes because of the irritation that stems from dryness in the eyes
- A burning, scratchy, and stinging sensation in the eyes
- Uncomfortable while wearing contact lenses
- Sensitivity towards light
- Stringy mucus secretion in the eye
- Vision problems during night driving
- Eye fatigue
- Heavy eyes in the morning.
What causes dry eyes?
Dry eye syndrome develops from either due to lack of tears to keep the eye moist, or inability to produce the right quality of tears to protect eyes and prevent evaporation. In both the cases, one has gritty, dry feeling that doesn’t go away.
The factors that cause dry eye syndrome are:
- Age: Aging is the one reason for the insufficient production of the tears in eyes. As we grow old, our eyes fail to produce enough tears and the quality of those tears also reduces.
- Gender: Women are more susceptible to develop dry eyes as compared to men. The exact mechanism is yet unknown why it occurs more in women, however, hormonal changes due to menopause are likely to be the cause.
- Diet: A diet low in omega-3 essential fatty acids, or contains a high ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 fatty acids has been associated with an increase in dry eye. Vitamin A deficiency is also linked to dry eye syndrome.
- Medicines: Certain medicines such as antihistamines, antidepressants, glaucoma eye drops and treatments for overactive bladder can result in dry eye.
- Health conditions: Dry eye is one of the symptoms of some chronic conditions, including diabetes, the autoimmune disorder Sjogren’s syndrome, rheumatoid arthritis, and even acne rosacea. In addition, people having hepatitis C and thyroid problems are more susceptible to get dry eyes.
People who have already undergone laser vision correction surgery would definitely know how quick are the vision recovery and how easy the entire process of surgery is from beginning to end. There are few dos and don’ts one must strictly follow after LASIK laser eye surgery.
DO’s after the surgery
- Go home and sleep, when you are resting make sure to cover the eyes with the eye shield for 10 days as recommended by your doctor. This eye shield is to protect your operated eyes from getting any type of injury.
- You should use eye drops as per the prescription and follow-up for eye examination even though your eye feels better.
- Clean your eyelid margins from the next day of surgery with sterile tissues.
- You would definitely have mild pain or discomfort after the treatment, for the mild pain you can take paracetamol pill. But, if the pain is unbearable, seek your doctor’s advice immediately.
- Make sure you stay at home resting for the remainder of the day to avoid any discomfort.
- Blink your eyes gently and frequently after the LASIK surgery.
- In the beginning, your vision may be blurred or deformed. Your eye would also seem red or bloodshot. This will take few days to recover. Be aware of falling or bumping into objects with unclear vision.
- You can watch TV, read and use your computer or laptop after few hours of your surgery.
- You should eat your regular food.
DON’Ts after the surgery
- Don’t drive on the day of your treatment. Make sure you have someone to drive you home.
- Avoid rubbing your eyes or touching it with a handkerchief. It’s common to have some eye irritation or discharge after the surgery.
- At least for next 4-6 weeks from the surgery, you shouldn’t carry heavy loads such as large grocery bag.
- Do not expose your eyes to dusty or smoky environments. Make sure you wear eyeglasses while stepping out of your home.
- Skip your work-out for next 1-2 weeks.
- Avoid using eyeliner or any eye cosmetics for at least one month.
- You shouldn’t swim or use a spa or hot tub for one month.
- Avoid head bath for at least 2 weeks in order to prevent water splash into the eye.
- Quit smoking and alcohol consumption till you recover.
- Do not keep your eyes opened for extended periods of time.
The contact lens is one of the best inventions of medical science that enable a person to see things at their best and enjoy great surrounding vision. Just wearing contact lens is not enough, proper care is also vital for the best eye health. Most importantly one should strictly follow the care and safety instructions given by their doctor to keep the peepers healthy.
The following are some tips recommended by an eye specialist:
1. Hygiene should be your priority while handling contact lenses. Make sure to wash your hands thoroughly and dry them with a clean towel before you touch your contact lenses. Personal hygiene is also important such as keeping your fingernails short & clean and avoiding other related issues including infections and allergies.
2. Avoid rubbing your eyes with hands. It is normal to touch the eyes without even getting into our notice, but you don’t want any dirt or oil from your fingers to get in your eyes, and dislodge your lens or irritate your eyes.
3. Do not rinse your contact lenses or lens case with tap water, always use the contact lens solution to clean and disinfect lenses or lens case and regularly refill the contact lens case with the cleansing solution. Keep a tab on the expiry date of the solution and strictly bin the expired contact lens solution.
4. Make sure you don’t over-wear your contact lenses. Strict to the recommended replacement schedules on daily as well as monthly basis. You shouldn’t wear contact lenses during sleeping, swimming or showering.
5. At least once in a day, you should give your eyes a “self-check” for safety purpose. Ask yourself these questions:
- Do the contact lenses feel good in my eyes?
- Do my eyes feel irritation or any sort of discomfort?
- Can I see well with these contact lenses?
6. Always keep a pair of spectacle with you as a backup in case your eye doctor asks you to discontinue the usage of contact lenses.
7. Immediately stop using contact lenses if you suspect any eye problem after wearing them. Visit your eye doctor as soon as possible for medical attention.…
LASIK, laser in-situ keratomileusis, is the most common surgery in practice to correct eye problems such as people with astigmatism, nearsighted, or farsighted.
All laser surgeries are done by reshaping the cornea, so that light hitting through it is properly focused onto the retina present in the back of the eye. LASIK is one of the various surgical techniques use to restructure the cornea.
Who is eligible for laser eye surgery?
Not everyone with vision problem is an eligible candidate to undergo laser eye surgery. Some conditions and anatomical factors can intensify the risks related to the laser surgery or reduce optimal laser eye surgery results. You may not be eligible for laser eye surgery due to the given factors:
- Dry eyes
- Too thin or irregularly shaped corneas
- Heightened refractive error
- Unstable vision
- Physiological factors such as pregnancy
- Age limitations (should be 18 or above)
- Having degenerative disorders
- Laser surgery complications and side effects.
Advantages of LASIK eye surgery
LASIK eye surgery has many benefits such as:'
- It corrects vision. Nearly 96% of patients get their desired vision LASIK eye surgery.
- Cause a very little pain due to the usage of numbing drops during the procedure.
- The outcome is immediate or the next day after LASIK.
- Stitches or bandages free surgery.
- Adjustments can be made even years after LASIK.
- Dependence on eyeglasses or contact lens reduces or no longer need after LASIK.
Disadvantages of LASIK eye surgery
Just like with any medical procedure, there are complications associated with this as well. Some of the disadvantages to LASIK include:
- It is technically complex surgery. Go to a surgeon who is experienced in performing these surgeries.
- Rarely, it can also lead to loss of “best” vision.
- Difficulty in driving at night.
- Dry eyes.
- Seeing halos around images.
- Unstable vision.
As per the old saying, “Health is wealth”, which means if someone has health that is his biggest wealth. One wins everything, and losses his health is of no use, so we should make proactive and effective attempts to edge towards good health.
Bangalore has stepped among the most preferred destinations for healthcare on the globe, due to its huge advancement in the healthcare sector.
Technological advancement certainly plays a major role in preparing the bright future of the healthcare industry in the world.
In the past few years, we have witnessed considerable changes in the field of regenerative medicine such as tissue engineering, stem cells, bio-artificial organs etc techniques being used to counter some of the serious diseases.
In Bangalore, there are some excellent centers undertaking various transplants and will surely see noteworthy advancements in these fields.
Manipal Hospitals, for the first time, introduced robotic surgery in Karnataka which is used for urology, cancer surgery and gynecology. With time the city has observed a huge rise in healthcare services to the people. Basically, the health care centers intent on providing the best medical services to the people at affordable prices.
The city has also undergone improvement in the quality of medical services in recent times.
Besides, being an IT hub Bangalore will also continue to be one of the major centers for healthcare in the future and you can get the benefit of all affordable healthcare services.
Sleep apnea is common but can be deadly.
It is a serious sleep disorder that occurs when the process of breathing is interrupted while a person is sleeping. People with sleep apnea repeatedly stop breathing during their sleep, maybe around hundreds of times.
Sleep apnea is generally of two types:
· Obstructive sleep apnea (OSA): This type of sleep apnea is more common among people. It usually caused by a hindrance in breathing due to blockage in the air passage, when the soft tissue in the back of the throat collapses while sleeping.
· Central sleep apnea: In this type, there is no blockage in the airway, but here the brain fails to send a signal to the muscles to breathe, because of instability in the respiratory control center.
Who are at risk of getting sleep apnea?
Anyone at any age can get affected by sleep apnea, even children.
Risk factors for sleep apnea include:
· Males are at higher risk of sleep apnea
· Overweight people are susceptible to get sleep apnea
· People above 40 years are more prone
· A person with large size neck
· Have a large tongue, large tonsils, or a small jaw bone
· Gastroesophageal reflux, or GERD
· Hailing from a family history of sleep apnea
· Obstruction of the nasal due to allergies, a deviated septum, or sinus issues
How Sleep Apnea effect us?
Untreated as well as prolonged sleep apnea can lead to numerous health-related issues, listed below:
· High blood pressure
· Heart failure, heart attack, and irregular heartbeats
· Worsening ADHD
In addition to the above problems, sleep apnea also results in poor performance in daily activities, like at work and school, children’s poor performance in academics, and motor vehicles crashes.…
1. Build immunity
Sexually active people experience less sick days as compared to others. These people have higher levels of immune cells that defend your body against viruses, germs, and other intruders.
People who have sex regularly have higher levels of certain antibody that protect your body.
Apart from having regular making out one should still do all other things to build immunity, such as:
· Eat healthy food
· Stay active
· Have enough sleep
· Never miss your vaccinations
2. Makes your heart strong
Studies suggest that as the occurrence of orgasms increases, with time the risk of heart attack or a stroke also reduces extensively.
During the process, the most intense moments are almost equal to walking at speed of 8 kilometers per hour.
3. Reduces stress
According to the research, having regular sex helps in reducing stress and is same as the effects when you have sweet, sugary chocolate bar, but the former lasts for a much longer time than you wouldn’t have ever thought.
4. Lowers blood pressure
Researchers have found that there is a link between having sex regularly and regulation of blood pressure. The sexual activity especially brings down systolic blood pressure.
5. Improves sleep
Post sexual activity sleep is known to be more refreshing than normal, though the exact reason or scientific reason is still not known. But as per some findings, oxytocin which is released into the body after sex has relaxing and sleep-inducing effects.
6. Keeps you younger
Regular coitus improves anti-aging effects and the studies have suggested that sexually active men and women look at least 5 to 7 years younger than their actual age.
7. It is a fertility enhancer
Regular sexual activity helps in balancing female hormones and also regulates the menstrual cycle, which in turn improves the chance of reproducing. In the male, the quality of sperm is improved due to regular sex.
8. Keeps cold and flu away
Individuals, who have sex more than once a week, are found to have an abundance of immunoglobulin, an antibody that protects the body against cold and flu.
9. Mood enhancer
During sex, a neurotransmitter is released into the body which improves your mood.
10. Burns extra calories
As mentioned earlier, that the most intense moments are almost equal to walking at speed of 8 kilometers per hour. So, it not only gives you pleasure but also keeps you fit.…
What is liposuction?
Liposuction is one of the most popular cosmetic surgeries around the globe. This process removes extra fat from the body by using suction to gives you a sculpted look.
In this process, thin, small, a blunt-tip tube, which is also called as a cannula, is inserted into the skin through small cuts. The underlying fat deposit is suctioned out with the help these tubes as the doctor moves the tubes under the skin to suction out fat deposits at the targeted areas.
Over the years, technology has made liposuction easier, safer, and less painful. Here are few types of techniques:
· Tumescent liposuction: In this type, a local anesthetic is used to numb the area to numb the targeted area of the body where the tube will be inserted. After that, a large amount of anesthetic solution with epinephrine and lidocaine is injected into the underlying fat deposits before carrying out with traditional liposuction.
· Ultrasound-assisted liposuction: This technique works in association with ultrasound to liquefy the fat, which becomes easier to be suctioned out. This technique is particularly used to remove fats from areas, such as the upper abdomen, neck, back, and sides.
· Laser-assisted liposuction: This technique works by using low-energy waves to liquefy the fat, which is removed with the help of a small cannula.
The purpose of liposuction
The major purpose of liposuction is to give you a better, sculpted look by reshaping the areas with fat deposits in your body, but remember it is not done to reduce weight. Liposuction is basically performed on problematic areas, which are not responding despite balanced diet and exercise. These areas include outer thighs and hips for women; back and waist for men.
Sometimes, liposuction is used along with other cosmetic surgery procedures, like breast reduction, facelift, or tummy tuck.
Uses and benefits of liposuction
Liposuction can also be used to treat some medical conditions, listed below:
· Abnormal enlargement of the male breast (gynecomastia or pseudo-gynecomastia).
· Benign fatty tumors (lipomas).
· Excessive sweating in the underarm (axillary hyperhidrosis).
· Problems with the metabolism of fat in the body (lipodystrophy).
Risks & side effects
Some of the side effects of liposuction are:
· Temporary swelling, soreness, bruising, and numbness in and around the treated area.
· Irritation and minor scarring around the incision sites where the tubes were inserted.
· Baggy or rippling skin.
· Uneven skin surface over the treated area.
· Permanent color changes in the skin.
· Uneven skin surface over the treated area.
· Damage to the skin and nerves.
Infection such as Staphylococcus infection is common among athletes and people who go to the gym. Most of the times, the staph bacteria will stay inactive on the outer skin. But, when someone gets a cut the bacteria directly go into the bloodstream leading to a severe and seldom fatal infection. If you get any skin infection, seek your doctor’s help as soon as possible for early treatment. Find the best doctors in Bangalore for skin related problems.
Do not fear! You don’t have to stop going to the gym for this reason. There are some ways that can greatly reduce the risk of getting a staph infection.
· Avoid hand contact
Cut off as much physical contact with anyone as possible at the gym to avoid getting infected with an MRSA infection, which causes pus-filled pimples on your skin.
· Always bring your own yoga mat
A yoga mat is the biggest thing in the gym carrying deadly infectious microorganisms. As per the experts, mats are classified as ‘fomites’, which are objects known to carry infection. Another way to avoid a fungal infection is to remove your sweaty gym equipment soon after your workout.
· Make sure to wear shoes in the shower and locker room
Warts are another dangerous infection that you can get by touching surfaces in gym locker rooms as well as showers. So, make sure you always wear shoes in the gym to avoid warts plantar warts (on the bottom of the foot).
· Avoid using hot tubs and saunas in public gyms
If you want to stay away from infection it is best to avoid watery spaces, such as hot tubs and saunas in the gym. They are a big source of folliculitis (a skin infection most common on the back, beard, arms, legs, and buttocks) that can cause rashes. Folliculitis is easily contracted in hot tubs and saunas.
· Disinfect all your workout equipment before exercising
Usually, rhinoviruses, which are the cause of common colds, can be present on almost half of all machines that need hand contact and have not been disinfected properly. Exercise machines in the gym are the breeding ground for viral bacteria. So, to avoid any infection you should wipe down treadmills, weighs, elliptical and other hand-contact gym machines before using them.…
1. The laws on how old one has to be may vary from one state to another
As per the laws, there are no federal regulations of the tattoo or piercing industries. So to get that tiny little star on your wrist totally depends on where you live. In some states teens of even 14 years old are allowed to get a tattoo, whereas others have a strict 18+ policy.
2. Body tattoo or piercing won’t leave you unemployed
Studies suggest that the number of people who think a tattoo shows a liking to “deviant” behavior is decreasing. According to the survey, people above age 50 are much more likely to see “tattoo trend” as a change for the bad.
3. The issue rate for tattoo is very low
Although the rate of infection is not known currently, experts say that with the increasing number of tattoos placed each day and few cases of complications from clients getting inked, the rate is comparatively low.
4. Infection does occur, and you should know the warning signs
Infection can occur because of things like contaminated tattoo needles or ink, insufficient cleaning of the skin that is being inked, or due to injury at the time of healing. Infections usually come up between 4 to 22 days of getting a tattoo. Your tattoo artist should make aware of the signs of infection and give you descriptive information for the same.
5. A curved barbell is safer than a ring on your belly button
According to experts, the best way to reduce the risk of infection, discomfort, and scarring for belly button piercings is to go for a curved barbell, instead of a traditional ring. Or else these piercings will take more time to heal because they are coming in constant contact with things such as t-shirts and waistbands.
6. Though your mouth harbor bacteria, infection rates for lip and tongue piercings are quite low
If you get any infection on lip and tongue after piercing, there are several rinses you can use to get rid of the infection.
7. Heavy jewelry might stretch your earlobes out
The best way to prevent a condition like this is switch out those heavy, huge earrings with lighter or small studs and loops, which are not so heavy.
8. Though piercing is safe, some cases come of adverse reaction to a piercing
This can happen due to several reasons including abnormal bleeding to things like keloids.
Nowadays, one in every five people in the world owns a Smartphone. The popularity of these incredible little devices is increasing day by day, alongside our obsession with own one. We are so used to our smart-phones that we feel like we can’t live without it – luckily – you usually don’t have to. They help us to stay connected as well as updated, organized and entertained.
These little devices have eliminated our need for an alarm clock, notepads, address books, and cameras. Along with so many benefits, they bring along a handful of other health problems. In case of any serious health issue do seek your healthcare provider’s help and find the best doctors in Bangalore with cost-effective medical service in Bangalore.
1. It affects your eyes
Spending a couple of consecutive hours staring at your smart-phone can put your eyes under risks including dry eyes, headaches, blurred vision, blinking less, and general eyestrain especially if you already have untreated eye problems.
2. Make you feel more depressed
Studies suggest the link between frequent social media use and depression. Being constantly viewing images of everyone looking successful as well as happy results in unhealthy and inaccurate comparisons and lowering feelings of self-worth.
3. It can stimulate nomophobia or the fear of living without phone
You feel safe and secure from having a fully charged phone in your hand. Nomophobia is opposite, which will make you think that you are not safe without a phone in your hand.
4. It may give you “Rinxiety” or “Phantom pocket vibration syndrome
This condition refers to anxiety comes from missed messages and phone calls and the more you check your phone, the worse it becomes.
5. It could weaken your memory
Having a smart-phone in hand, there is no reason to memorize things as you know you can easily look up such as phone numbers, birthday or anniversary reminder, and daily tasks. When you stop memorizing figures and facts, your power to remember things get a little rusty.
6. It shrinks your self-esteem
Smart-phones give people the power to filter everything about their daily life and display the best parts to the public. All this makes you feel bad about living your real life.
7. It triggers the sense of jealousy
Your smart-phone updates and connects you to all the awesome things everyone else is doing in their lives. After seeing all this you can get the feel of jealousy, hence it is a trigger.
8. It can cause your weight gain
The phone is the biggest distraction, especially at mealtime. While scrolling through your Facebook feed, you tend to put your attention when your body sends the signal to stop eating. Hence, it contributes to excess eating, which can lead to weight gain.
9. It put a halt on the growth of your social skills
A phone is a way of interacting people in any social situation. It is a barrier that could hinder your development of proper communication skills.
10. Interferes with your sleep
If you’re one among those who use some kind of electronic device during the time before bed, the artificial blue light from these devices could suppress the hormones that induce sleep and make it more difficult to sleep.
What are varicose veins?
Varicose veins, otherwise known as varicose or varicosities, occur when your veins get dilated, enlarged, and overfilled with blood. These appear swollen, raised and a bluish-purple or red color. They are usually painful and occur on the lower legs.
Causes of varicose veins
Some common causes of varicose veins include:
· Standing for long periods of time
· Age above 50
· Family history of varicose veins
Signs & symptoms of varicose veins
The main symptoms of varicose veins are quite visible, deformed veins, often on lower legs. Other symptoms include pain, swelling, achiness, and heaviness over and around the swollen veins.
How to prevent varicose veins
· Lose weight if you are overweight or obese.
· Sitting or standing in the same position for longer duration increases the chances of varicose veins. So, keep moving your body at regular intervals to enhance blood circulation.
· Yoga as well as deep breathing relax the veins and promote healthy valve function.
· Avoid wearing high heels too often.
· Make sure you are putting on comfortable clothes around waist, groin, and legs. Tight clothes lead to discomfort.
· While relaxing, pregnant women should raise their legs above their heart level for the easy blood flow towards the heart and prevent swelling in the feet.
· Avoid itching around the varicose veins. This can lead to bleeding and further, ulceration.
· In order to maintain a healthy vascular system, make sure you drink a glass of carrot juice or mint and coriander juice.
· Take a diet rich in fiber including whole grain cereals, pulses, green leafy vegetables, and fruits helps prevent constipation, maintains a healthy vascular system, and eliminates toxins from the blood.
· Eat plenty of bioflavonoid rich foods such as blackberries, apricots, blueberries, and cherries. They have an antioxidant called rutin, which maintains a good vascular health.
· Eat a diet low in sugar, red meat, and saturated fats to avoid further damage to veins.…
We are always in need of energy to walk, work, eat, talk, and to do our daily activities. Low energy levels mean feeling lethargic and weak. So don’t let your low energy to become a barrier from letting you do things you want. Enjoy the affordable health care in Bangalore. Here are effective ways to boost your energy level and rejuvenate your body.
· Improve digestion
If you often suffer from poor digestion, you need to improve it through the right herbs and healthy diet. Ayurvedic herbs such as pippli, bilva, suntha, and kutaj promote digestion and better assimilation, which result in higher energy levels.
· Avoid antibiotics as well as junk food
Regular consumption of junk foods will risk your intestines with lack of sufficient quantities of good bacteria. Take lactobacillus acidophilus through supplement such as yogurt.
· Drink sufficient amounts of water
We all fail to drink sufficient water on our daily basis. Usually, thirst is mistaken for hunger and we end up eating rather than drinking water. Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water daily. Water also helps balance electrolytes, re-hydrates the cells, and cleanses the kidneys.
· Detoxify liver
Energy levels also depend on proper functioning of the liver. The liver plays an essential role in metabolizing fat and is involved in the purifying your blood and cleansing of toxins. Detoxify your liver with the help of right foods and herbs. Wheat-grass juice is a highly effective liver detoxifier.
· Have an adequate sleep
If we are not having an adequate sleep, no amount of right foods or vitamins will help you feel energetic. So, to feel energetic whole day one should have 6-7 hours of sleep.
· Avoid stimulants
Temporary stimulants such as tobacco, caffeine, and alcohol may whip the body to work harder and cause chronic fatigue if used for a longer period of time.
· Manage stress
Stress tends to zap your energy; having correct food in your diet helps the body manage stress better. Practicing pranayama and meditation are the best way to combat stress.
· Eat food in its natural form
Eat whole grains like bajra, jowar, whole pulses, brown rice, whole fruits, seeds, and nuts. These are loaded with the goodness of nature and energize the system.
· Limit sugar intake
Sugar may be the instant source of energy but in the long run, it limits your lifespan and makes you tired more easily.
· Drink a raw veggie juice
Raw veggie juice will increase the oxygen-carrying capacity of the blood and boost your energy levels.
It is true that a good sleep is essential for human health. Because during this time our bodies restore itself, studies suggest that not only too little sleep but also too much sleep (oversleeping) can be dangerous for the body. Oversleeping is an alarm that you are putting your body under certain health risks including heart disease, diabetes, and elevated risk of death. Find doctor nearby as per your need in Bangalore with http://cure.plus/
Here are some of the health risks of oversleeping:
1. Difficulty in getting pregnant: As per the research, sleep can affect menstrual cycles, hormone secretion, and circadian rhythms. But they haven’t found out a direct interlink between infertility and sleep.
2. Risk of diabetes: Studies suggest that a person who sleeps for more than eight hours in a day is more risk-prone to suffer from reduced glucose tolerance and type 2 diabetes. People who usually sleep for more than 7-8 hours are more likely to suffer from the diabetes-related problem, even though their body mass is under control.
3. Mental health and depression: Depression is a major cause of oversleeping. Although people having depression tend to suffer from insomnia, nearly 15 percent people with depression tend to oversleep. As compared to normal sleepers, the ones who sleep too much tend to have anxiety symptoms and persistent depression. A study suggested that oversleeping can increase the chances of genetic heritability and mental illness.
4. Increased inflammation: Too much sleeping can increase the chances of certain diseases such as cardiovascular disease, the Alzheimer’s disease etc.
5. More pain: Whereas good sleep and rest are usually associated with healing, on the other end oversleeping can intensify pain or other symptoms. Spending too much time in bed can exaggerate shoulder and back pain. Oversleeping is also linked with other problems including a higher frequency of headaches, one-sided migraine, and increases the level of stress in a person.…
Hypervitaminosis – It is a condition when you have an excess of vitamin A in your body.
Causes of hypervitaminosis
There are two types of hypervitaminosis acute or chronic.
· Acute hypervitaminosis occurs when you consume large amounts of vitamin A over a short period of time, usually within a few hours or days. Now its very easy to approach blood donors in Bangalore with Cureplus.
· Whereas, chronic hypervitaminosis occurs when there is an accumulation of large amounts of vitamin A in your body over a long period of time.
Signs & symptoms
· Bone pain
· Blurred vision
· Abnormal softening of the skull bone
· Changes in consciousness
· Bulging fontanelle
· Decreased appetite
· Double vision
· Hair loss or oily hair
· Liver damage
· Increased pressure in the skull
· Vision changes
· Unhealthy weight gain
· Skin problems including cracking at corners of the mouth, oily skin, highly sensitive towards sunlight, itching, peeling, and yellowish skin color.
Sources of vitamin A
· Dark fruits
· Tomato products
· Orange and yellow vegetables
· Green leafy vegetables
· Some vegetable oils
· Fortified foods
· Fish and fish oils
· Fortified foods such as cereal
Complications & health risks associated with hypervitaminosis
· Liver damage
· Kidney problem due to excess of calcium
· In pregnant woman excess of vitamin A may cause defects in the fetus.
The most common and effective treatment for hypervitaminosis is to refrain taking a higher dose of vitamin A supplements. Most of the people with hypervitaminosis recover within a few weeks.…
Diwali, the festival of light is already around the corner and people have been preparing for this festival for a month. It is a busy festival, which is celebrated with family members and friends. No other festival is celebrated with such excitement and celebratory spirit.
Along with endless happiness, joy, and fun, this festival also brings along air pollution, noise pollution, and several accidents related to firecrackers.
The very next of Diwali we face problems like air pollution levels elevated to dangerous levels increased energy and food waste, several elderly people as well as animals suffered from anxiety attacks due to the loud noise of firecrackers, and crackers and plastic packaging waste littered the roads as well as water bodies.
The effects of toxic smokes last for several years and affect our mother earth. It is the time we think about the environment we are polluting as well as all other living beings and celebrate Diwali with minimal environmental consequence.
Given below are some ways to make sure that this year’s Diwali is a noiseless, smokeless and safe experience for everyone!
· Go firecracker fire
As bursting firecrackers increases noise pollution as well as litters the city with waste the next day, the best way to celebrate Diwali go noiseless, which means to go firecracker-free. I am sure for most of us Diwali is another name of bursting crackers and it’s kind of hard to give up on the fun, but we have enough good reasons to ditch crackers.
The toxic smoke from firecrackers makes the air unfit for breathing and is associated with many respiratory problems. And animals and birds suffer from severe anxiety attacks due to the loud noises as well blinding flashes
· Go eco-friendly
Switch electric diyas and candles with traditional oil diyas that are cost-effective, bio-degradable, and very beautiful. Some of the organic options for diyas include coconut shells, orange peels, wheat dough, and seashells.
· Opt to green gifts for friends and family
Celebrating a green Diwali, nothing is better than gifting a plant to your loved ones, which include air purifying plants, kitchen herbs, Feng shi plants, bonsai, terrariums are some of the best eco-conscious gifts.
· Biodegradable rangoli
Instead of making rangoli out of harmful artificial colors, this Diwali, go back to the olden days. In the olden days, rangoli was made with rice and pulse, which was made to feed the living creatures around us, such as small birds and ants.
· Sweet treats from nature’s basket
Break-up with the sugar boosted sweet-boxes this Diwali. Exotic tea boxes, honey hampers, and whole grain baskets are some of the best and healthy gifting options. You can also make sweets at home that are healthy such as fruit Sandesh, bulgar wheat kheer, and carrot-beetroot halwa.…
Eye care Treatment
Have you crossed 40 and suffering from blurry or cloudy vision, this could be an eye condition – cataracts. Worry not! It’s a common problem of older age and you can definitely get a treatment.
What are cataracts? – Cataracts are the condition when there is protein build up in the lens of your eye and result in clouding of the eye’s lens, which renders light from passing through clearly. It can lead to partial loss of your eyesight.
Cataracts are of four different types. They are:
- Age-related – mostly found in older adults.
- Congenital – cataracts in new-born babies is called as congenital. This may result from any injury, infection or poor development in the womb.
- Secondary – these are caused by other medical conditions, such as diabetes.?
- Traumatic – these result from an eye injury.
Things such as heavy drinking, smoking, and air pollution, can also increase the chances of getting cataracts.
Signs & symptoms
Symptoms usually develop slowly, which may not visible until you start to feel blocking of the light. Some of the common symptoms are:
- Cloudy or blurry vision
- Double vision
- Troubles with glare during daytime
- Changes in the way you differentiate between colors
- Problems with eyeglasses or contact lenses.
Diagnose and treatments available
Healthcare provider will first examine how well you can see through a test and also dilate your pupil to check the lens and rest parts of your eye.
If your cataracts cannot be corrected with the glasses or contacts prescribed by your doctor, then the most obvious treatment is surgery.
When to consider an eye surgery
You should go for surgery when cataracts have advanced to extend that it seriously impair your vision and interfere with your daily life. Cataract surgery is one of the most effective and successful in restoring vision.…
Eye care Treatment
Take these easy steps to keep your eyes healthy.
1. Eat Well
Good eye health starts with the food on your plate. Nutrients like omega-3 fatty acids, lutein, zinc, and vitamins C and E might help ward off age-related vision problems like macular degeneration and cataracts. To get them, fill your plate with:
- Green leafy vegetables like spinach, kale, and collards
- Salmon, tuna, and other oily fish
- Eggs, nuts, beans, and other nonmeat protein sources
- Oranges and other citrus fruits or juices
2. Wear Sunglasses
The right pair of shades will help protect your eyes from the sun's ultraviolet (UV) rays. Too much UV exposure boosts your chances of cataracts and macular degeneration. Choose a pair that blocks 99% to 100% of UVA and UVB rays. Wraparound lenses help protect your eyes from the side. Polarized
3. Use Safety Eyewear
If you use hazardous or airborne materials on the job or at home, wear safety glasses or protective goggles. Sports like ice hockey, tennis, and cricket can also lead to eye injury. Wear eye protection. Helmets with protective face masks or sports goggles with polycarbonate lenses will shield your eyes.
4. Look Away From the Computer Screen
Staring at a computer or phone screen for too long can cause
- Blurry vision
- Trouble focusing at a distance
- Dry eyes
- Neck, back, and shoulder pain
To protect your eyes : Make sure you don’t look at a computer screen too long. Give eyes rest in between of your work.
Rest your eyes every 20 minutes. Look 20 feet away for 20 seconds. Get up at least every 2 hours and take a 15-minute break.