Advantages Of Dental Plants
What are dental implants?
Dental implants are the artificial replacement tooth roots made from pure titanium or titanium-alloy. These implants are anchored into the jaw, where they provide a strong foundation for permanent or artificial replacement teeth.
Who can get dental implants?
Any person who is healthy enough to go through a regular dental extraction or oral surgery can get a dental implant. A person should also have healthy gums and strong bone to have a strong grip on the implant. They must be very particular about oral hygiene and regular dental visits.
Smokers, as well as people with uncontrolled chronic diseases such as heart disorder, diabetes, or patients who have undergone radiation therapy to the neck/head area, need to be assessed on an individual basis.
Advantages of dental plants
· The dental implant replaces a lost tooth that looks, fits, feels, and functions like your natural tooth. They are designed in such a way that they can fuse with bone and become permanent.
· Dental implants are designed to last long, which makes them the best cost-effective and long-term solution to your lost teeth. If properly placed and cared, they can even last a lifetime.
· They allow you to enjoy your life without worrying about your teeth, which means you don’t have to feel embarrassed or uncomfortable in social gathering because of your lost tooth.
· They preserve the natural shape of your face as well as smile.
· If you leave empty spaces in your mouth after losing one or more teeth can give rise to another health issues, including the loss and deterioration of your jawbone. So, dental implants also protect your jawbone.
· Dental implants allow easier eating. Other options such as bridges or dentures can make the eating process difficult. Whereas, dental implants function like your natural teeth and letting you enjoy your favorite foods with confidence and no pain.
· Dental implants are more convenient than removal dentures. Here you don’t have experience the embarrassing inconvenience you feel during removal dentures and no need for messy adhesives to keep them in place.