Eight Easy Ways To Combat Work Stress
Workplace stress can often have a serious impact on your mental as well as physical health if you’re not taking early measures to reduce it. Stress at a workplace can lead to muscle tension, headache, fatigue, insomnia, upset stomach, muscle pain, lack of concentration, anxiety, restlessness, irritability, eating issues, lack of motivation, addiction and social isolation.
Whereas exercise and yoga are best ways to release stress but both these are long-term strategies to reduce stress, sometimes you need an immediate relief from stress. Avail the benefits of cost-effective medical service in Bangalore with Cureplus.
Listed, below are eight easy steps to get rid of workplace stress.
· Leave your chair – studies suggest that prolonged sitting with psychological distress can increase your stress. Whenever you feel overwhelmed, have a ten-minute break-up with your chair to clear the mind. Take a few rounds of your office, stroll outside, or walk up and down the stairs.
· Practice office stretches – Stress can result in muscles contract and become tense. Practice some simple desk stretches to reduce the tension and get your blood flowing. These short mental breaks can help you to regain concentration so you can deal with those stress causing workplace tasks.
· Take one task at a time – A long to-do list is the most common cause of workplace stress. Schedule your tasks according to the priority and handle them one at a time. Multi-tasking can often result in less effective with regards to success and the quality of the work also decreases.
· Have an inadequate sleep – When you have rested well, it’s become easier to be focused, calm and collected at work. Fix a regular sleeping schedule and avoid watching any stress-inducing TV shows before you go to bed.
· Breathe – One of the simplest ways to reduce stress is by taking few deep breaths to get yourself back to balance whenever you feel anxious. When you take deep breaths, it sends a message to your brain to relax and calm down.
· Plug in your favorite tunes – Music plays an essential role in changing your mood and makes you relax. So, next time you feel distressed, try plugging in your favorite tunes to calm you down for the next workplace task.
· Walk and talk it out – A stressful situation can become more easy to manage if talk about it with the most trustable person on your list. Reach out to your co-worker’s desk to share what’s troubling you. And if walk a bit alongside will help you more to calm down, as walking boosts stress-reducing endorphin.
· Use a Sit-to-Stand Desk – According to scientific study, the introduction of Sit-to-Stand desk at an office revealed that switching between sitting and standing helped 71 percent of participants to more concentration, 66 percent feel more productive and 33 percent reduce their stress levels.