How Is Cancer Diagnosed?
One of the most dreaded diseases, cancer attacks millions of people every year around the globe.
Every year millions of people are getting into prey of cancer and one of the most widespread diseases of the earth. In most of the cases, the symptoms appear in the last stage of cancer but regular medical check-up can root up the disease from its initial stage.
India is still edging slowly for acquiring pink in the field of medical health. On the other end, Bangalore is considered to be one of having some of the most up-to-date advanced technology and skilled oncologists. Now, science & technology have advanced in such a way that we can prevent cancer by choosing a healthy lifestyle.
Over the years the cancer diagnosis and treatment has undergone many changes. Now, the early detection of the disease along with the help of advanced technology and skilled doctors the chances of the survival of victim has been increased.
If your symptoms suggest cancer, then the doctor will find out whether it is due to cancer or some other reason. The doctor first may study about your as well as family medical history and conduct a physical exam. He would further ask you for lab tests, scans, or other necessary procedures. Find doctor nearby in Bangalore with Cureplus app.
Rise or fall in the level of certain substances may identify cancer. Lab tests such as urine, blood, or other body fluids that measure the amount of these substances can help doctors to identify the disease. Anyhow, lab tests solely cannot give assurance about the disease.
Imaging tests create the imprint of areas inside your body that may assist the doctor to see the presence of a tumor. There are different ways to do imaging tests:
- CT scan: An x-ray machine attached to a computer takes a number of detailed pictures of the organs.
- Nuclear scan: In this scan, you get an injection of a small amount of radioactive material, which is also called as a tracer. This substance flows into the bloodstream and accumulates in specific organs or bones.
- Ultrasound: Here, an ultrasound device sends out sound waves that are not audible to people. These waves bounce off tissues inside the body just like an echo. The computer, with the help of echoes, creates a picture of the suspected area of the body.
- MRI: It is strong magnet connected to a computer, which is used to develop pictures of areas in the body.
- X-rays: It makes use of low doses of radiation to create pictures.
The last but not the least, in most of the cases doctors do a biopsy to diagnose cancer. It is a procedure of removal of sample tissue from the body. The pathologist observes it under the microscope to see if it is cancer.
The sample can be removed with different methods:
- With an endoscope
- With a needle
- With surgery