Post Prostate Surgery Care And Surgery
Soon after your prostate surgery, you’ll be shifted to the recovery room. There, hospital staff will put you under observation and will monitor your heart rate, oxygen level, breathing, and other important signs.
· You may get discharged from the hospital after a day of your surgery.
· Return back to daily activities within 1-2 weeks.
· A short period of catheterization to remove urine until your prostate heals.
· Your health keeper will instruct you how to take care of yourself once you get home.
Home care after surgery
It is very important to take intense care and precautions after prostate surgery to aid easy as well as faster recovery.
During your recovery, you may have:
· Problem controlling urination
· An urgent need to urinate
· Issues getting and keeping an erection
· Small amounts of blood in your urine.
Tips for an easier recovery
Your health keeper will recommend you to rest as much as possible for a coming few weeks after the surgery. Keep these tips in mind while you’re trying to get back to your normal routine:
· Abstain from sexual activity for at least 4-5 weeks after your surgery.
· Don’t do vigorous exercise or lift anything heavy until your doctor’s permission. You can go on with easy or gentle exercises once you feel up to it.
· Take foods high in fiber content to prevent constipation.
· Drink at least 8 cups of water a day to clean your bladder.
· Seek your doctor’s permission to start driving.