Signs That Show You Are Having Under-active Thyroid
Being one of the most important glands in the body, thyroid dysfunction is still the common clinical condition people frequently diagnosed with.
The thyroid plays vital functions such as influences circulation, energy formation, blood sugar regulation, immune function, emotional stability, metabolism, and hormone balance.
Imbalance in thyroid hormones can have a serious effect on individual’s health. Usually, the signs are very clear and can be easily diagnosed. But sometimes, they can be not really obvious and easily neglected.
Following are some signs of an under-active thyroid:
- Weight gain or difficulty in losing weight.
- Feeling tired even after 8-10 hours of night sleep or takes a nap daily.
- Mood issues like depression, anxiety, or mood swings.
- Hormonal imbalance such as irregular periods, infertility, PMS and low sex drive.
- Carpal tunnel syndrome, joint pain, muscle pain, or tendonitis.
- Excessive hair loss.
- Brittle nails.
- Dry or cracking skin.
- Brain fog, poor memory or poor concentration.
- Neck swelling.
- Snoring or hoarse voice.