Symptoms & Causes Of Stress At The Workplace
Excessive stress at the workplace - Stress also varies from person to person, some can easily handle stress but the same amount of stress may be too much for others. As already mentioned, stress is not always bad. Some amount of stress helps you to stay energetic, focused and prepares you to face new challenges. Stress is what keeps you alert from accidents or prevent mistakes at work or keeps you on your toes during presentations. In the fast-moving world where workplace at times feel like an emotional roller coaster, the ever-increasing demands of work or workload leave you in uncertainty and immersed in stress.
Sign and symptoms of excessive stress:-
- Feeling anxious, irritable, or depressed
- Apathy, loss of interest in work
- Problems in sleeping
- Fatigue and weakness
- Trouble in concentrating
- Muscle tension or headaches
- Stomach or digestion problems
- Social withdrawal
- Loss of sex drive
- Using alcohol or drugs to cope
Common causes of stress:-
There are various causes that trigger stress at the workplace.
- Fear of being left behind.
- More overtime due to less staff.
- Pressure to perform well to meet ever-increasing demands at work, without any hike in job satisfaction.
- Pressure to perform well at all the time.
We can always deal with stress at our workplace but seldom is our inability to deal with stress due to an imbalance in the work environment or the difference between the success and failure in the work. We can't always maintain balance in everything but that doesn't mean we are not strong enough. We still can fight with any type of stress that we encounter at our workplaces, following few steps can help us to protect you from any type of stress.
1. Build strong and positive relationships at workplace.
2. Get up from your work desk after every hour and move around.
3. Eat food rich in omega-3 fats that help in reducing stress and boost mood.
4. Take proper rest by getting the full amount of sleep.
5. Regain your control over things by organizing and prioritizing things.
6. Even in a bad situation trying to find something humorous.
7. Read more to make your mental stress.