Tooth Cavity - Simple Tips To Prevent It!
What are cavities?
Cavities, another name of tooth decay. Tooth decay totally depends on our lifestyle, daily diet and how regular we are while taking care of our teeth. Cavities also run down from one generation to generation, which means if our parents are having cavities then we are more susceptible to develop tooth decay.
You can prevent tooth decay and your risks of disease by sticking to basic dental care tips and by taking precautions. Given below are cavity prevention tips to keep your teeth, gums, and mouth, healthy & strong throughout your life.
1. Regular brushing – Make sure you brush your teeth with fluoride toothpaste at least two times a day for 2 minutes. For better protection try to brush after every meal and snack.
2. Watch over what you eat – include tooth-healthy foods in your regular diet. Yes, you heard it right! There are foods that are actually good for your teeth health. Like heart-friendly foods improve heart health, here are the foods that protect your teeth such as fresh fruits and vegetables, cheese, unsweetened, tea, coffee, and sugar-free gum.
3. Use mouthwash – for extra protection from tooth decay, rinse your mouth with fluoride mouthwash twice a day after brushing.
4. Don’t skip your dental appointment – you should visit your dentist for professional dental cleanings and regular check-ups at least after every six months. If you are prone to dental problems, you should schedule frequent visits to your doctor.
5. Consider dental sealant – dental professionals recommend sealants for all school children because they are fond of sweets. Sealants are a protective, plastic covering that seal off the crannies and grooves of teeth where food and bacteria are likely to be collected.
6. Drink fluoridated water every day to protect your teeth from decay.
7. Cut down on your frequent snacking.